(Excerpts published by Cuba´s Ministry of Tourism on October 19, 2021)
Based on the good development of the country's vaccination process, the Cuban Ministry of Tourism together with other competent bodies have decided to announce the following measures that will favor the recovery of tourism in Cuban territory. We hope that 90% of the population will be vaccinated by November.
International Sanitary Control Measures
- The mandatory quarantine of international travelers upon arrival in the country as of November 7th will be eliminated and the mandatory RT-PCR for entry at the border will be eliminated as well.
- All international travelers (whether Cubans or not) who arrive in the country must present a health passport or international anti-COVID-19 certificate of those vaccines certified by the corresponding regulatory agencies. All international vaccinations will be accepted.
- All travelers who do not present a health passport or international anti-COVID-19 vaccination certification, must carry a COVID-19 negative RT-PCR certification, carried out no more than 72 hours before traveling, in a laboratory certified in the country of origin.
- Children under 12 years of age, regardless of their nationality, upon arrival in Cuba, will be exempt from presenting a vaccination certificate or RT-PCR test.
- When boarding the flight at origin, airlines will require their passengers to provide proof of an immunization schedule, or a negative RT-PCR test processed within 72 hours of travelling.
- The presentation of the Declaration of Health of the Traveler (Affidavit of Health) will be required for all those who arrive in the country.
- The mandatory use of the mask will be maintained within the air and port terminals, as well as throughout the country.
- Epidemiological monitoring of international sanitary control will be maintained at all border entry points: ports, airports, marinas.
- All international travelers who arrive in the country through any point of entry and show signs and symptoms of COVID-19 or another communicable disease, will be referred to a health institution prepared for that purpose.
- Epidemiological monitoring of tourists will be maintained in hotel facilities during their stay in the country, for them medical assistance will be strengthened with the availability of basic health equipment, aiming to make international tourism a safer and more reliable activity.
- The owners of the houses to rent or people who host non-resident travelers in the country are responsible for immediately informing corresponding health authorities of the appearance of any symptoms that they present.
- The health areas in the community will maintain the epidemiological monitoring of tourists staying in private homes, stating it is a must to appear before health authorities, in case of presenting COVID-19 signs or symptom.
- For Cuban travelers residing in the country, it will be required to appear at the family doctor's office or health area within a period of no more than 48 hours after their arrival, to be followed up by the family doctor.
- All the facilities that will provide service feature the Most Hygienic and Safe Tourism certification (T + HS), thereby guaranteeing compliance with the sanitary protocols established by the Ministry of Public Health and Tourism.
- The protocols about constant sanitation, hand disinfection measures, temperature taking, among others, are reinforced.
News at the destination
- At international airports the client will have access to free Wi-Fi for 30 minutes,
- New platforms and various APKs are incorporated, in service of the customer at the airport, transport and hotel,
- Hotels show improvements in their comfort and even many have been remodeled.
- USD cash will not circulate in Cuba due to the US embargo, and will not be an exchangeable currency in our banks or official sites. Foreign currencies that CADECA (Exchange Offices) will accept in all its offices are: CAD - Canadian Dollar, EUR - Euros, CHF - Swiss Francs, GBP - Pound Sterling, JPY - Japanese Yen, MXN - Mexican Peso.
- The Exchange Offices (CADECA) have a wide network of 173 commercial offices, duly located at airports, main hotels and in the areas with the greatest influx or access of tourists.
- You can pay with Visa, Mastercard or AIS credit cards not issued by American banks in the facilities that have these payment POST terminals.
- Payments with prepaid cards issued by Banco de Crédito y Comercio (BANDEC) will be facilitated with sums of: 200, 500 and 1000 USD Dollars, which will be purchased at the said exchange houses (CADECA), in any of the aforementioned currencies. This Card is not personalized; therefore, it can be used by those who have their PIN.
- At the request of the client, the balance of the Card will be reimbursed by CADECA to the tourist in convertible currency, when they leave the country, at international airports, in one of the said trading foreign currencies. This card will be valid for two years.
- As of November 15, the domestic market (Cubans), as complying with the established protocols, will be able to fully enjoy the country's tourist offer.